Join our Team
Our staff and volunteers play an enormous role in the lives of residents.
At Lutheran Homes Group, we constantly look to innovate, as well as develop and support our staff to ensure we remain at the forefront of best practice in the industry. We take pride in our rich tradition and history, and we strive to grow while maintaining the values that define us. Join us in our mission to make a positive difference in the lives of senior Australians.
If you have any questions about working or volunteering for Lutheran Homes Group, please call our People & Culture Team on 1300 320 505 or complete our online enquiry form.
Lutheran Homes Group offers a wide range of employment opportunities with roles in our corporate office, residential care homes, retirement villages and home support. Areas include:
NURSING AND CARE
CLEANING AND LAUNDRY
GROUNDS AND GARDENS
At Lutheran Homes Group, we genuinely care about our employees and their overall well-being. We recognise the importance of creating a work environment where you feel valued, appreciated, and empowered to thrive. That’s why we offer a range of employee benefits and strive to ensure that your contributions are recognised and rewarded.
Employee Assistance Program
We recognise that mental health and well-being is as important as physical well-being to achieve good health, and a positive, productive work environment.
Lutheran Homes Group demonstrates its commitment to promoting and assisting every person to maintain their health and well-being by providing all staff and volunteers with free access to an Employee Assistance Program.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we’re approved by the Australian Taxation Office to provide salary packaging. This allows you to reduce the amount of tax you pay and increase your take home pay.
Use the CBB salary packaging calculator to estimate what your additional take home pay could be if you choose to salary package.
Employees who choose to salary package can access a range of money-saving rewards, memberships and discounts.
Dedicated professional development and training
We appreciate our staff and the exceptional work they do. We are committed to supporting their growth and success by providing dedicated professional development opportunities. Our comprehensive training programs are designed to nurture their skills and foster their career advancement. We believe in equipping our staff with the necessary tools and resources to excel in their chosen paths.
Do you want to volunteer in a respectful, supportive and friendly environment? Do you enjoy the company of older people and helping others? Whatever skills you have, there is a place for you at Lutheran Homes Group.
We currently have over 200 volunteers providing support to our community – we would love to hear from you too! Your help will be very much appreciated.
Some of the areas where you can make a difference include:
- Assisting the Lifestyle, Catering, Physiotherapy, Resident Services teams, and Palliative Care Support
- Supporting residents with recreational activities, shopping trips, lunchtime meals, concerts, special events, and much more
- Serving as a shop assistant, providing a friendly and helpful presence to residents and visitors
- Providing administrative support, helping with paperwork and record-keeping
- Engaging in craft sessions, bringing creativity and joy to residents’ lives
- Assisting with bus trips and driving, enabling residents to enjoy time out in the community
- Sharing your musical talents by playing music for residents
- Leading exercise classes
- Participating in reminiscing groups, fostering connections and meaningful conversations
- Getting involved with games and activities
- Supporting residents during church services, offering spiritual companionship
- Providing meal support
- Making social visits, spending quality time with residents and brightening their day